[kf-users] framework.jar + KF Plugin

Paul French paul.french at kirona.com
Tue Apr 19 10:36:46 CEST 2011

In KF2 is it possible we can add a bundle symbolic name to the
framework.jar manifest file ?

That way we can build PDE bundle projects and create a target platform
that includes all bundles we require as well as the framework.jar. That
way we do not have to pull in the equinox OSGi system bundles to get the
PDE projects to compile.

We are looking at using PAX-Runner and so far all looks good (apart from
the odd bug in PAX-Runner which you can circumvent).

This will allow us to drop the KF plugin and use the PDE tools which
support version ranges and requires bundle etc in the bundle manifest
editor.

Thanks

--
Paul French
Kirona Solutions Ltd
E-Mail: paul.french at kirona.com
Web: www.kirona.com <http://www.kirona.com>

This email and any attachments are confidential and should only be read
by those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact us on 01625 585511, delete the email
(including any attachment) from your computer and destroy any copies.
Any distribution or copying without our prior permission is prohibited.
Internet communications are not always secure and may be subject to
delays, non-delivery and unauthorised alterations. Therefore,
information expressed in this message is not given or endorsed by Kirona
Solutions Limited ("Kirona") unless otherwise notified by our duly
authorised representative independent of this message. No warranty is
given that this email (including any attachment) is virus free. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Kirona.

Registered addresses: Kirona Solutions Limited, Barrington House, Heyes
Lane, Alderley Edge, Cheshire. SK9 7LA Registered in England and Wales
No: 04678711